Bobbiny round basket – crochet kit; a complete kit to crochet a round basket all in one go.
You won’t be using a wooden base for this basket. Only you have to add are two beautiful leather handles with Chicago screws.
This Bobbiny round basket – crochet kit contains (not the finished product);
- 1 x skene of 5mm Bobbiny Braided Cotton Cord (100 meters in the colour of your choice)
- 1 x 10mm KnitPro Basix Single pointed crochet hook
- 2 x leather handles with 4 Chicago crews.
- 1 x printed A3 crochet pattern from LilyK with pictures and written pattern.
- You will find links here to YouTube channel of LilyK Yarn Shop for some basket tutorials, some of the playlist Basket can be used for this project too.
For this Bobbiny round basket – crochet kit, you need to know three basic crochet techniques such as magic loop, a double crochet and a slipstitch (UK). A special joining of the end and the beginning of the round is explained in the pattern and on YouTube.
The V-stitch in the pattern is a double crochet however, we go through the middle of the stitch to get this look. You may think it is knitted however it is crochet. While working with cotton rope and working through the middle of the Double crochet it works a bit harder than your regular crochet projects with wool or acrylic yarn. However the result is stunning and very sturdy.
Enjoy making your basket for yourself or perhaps you want to surprise someone with a handmade gift or project.
Find more Bobbiny Crochet projects here.